JungleDisk Recommendation: Don't Use It

It looked good, but then it sucked.

The installation was flawed (StackOverflow had the fix). The GUI kept crashing. (Seg Fault). The only way I could get it back was to delete my entire configuration and start over.

And the (admittedly very large) file that I was trying to upload kept failing. As the

Then I found this post, "Why I am migrating * AWAY * from Jungle Disk, which has been excerpted below.

DISCLAIMER: I have been a Jungle Disk customer since 2008, and this is my story of watching their fall from fame.
I have used Jungle Disk for years, and have been very satisfied with the pricing and the software up until recently. I became a Lifetime member of the Desktop Edition when it was offered for sale as soon as possible, and used it up until this week. However I have opted to leave the service for many KEY reasons:
  • The software has NOT been updated in months, I can't even remember when a news item was last posted for a release
  • <followed by a long, long list of reasons> 


And in the comments section, six months after the original post, I found this, which was the clincher:
What has me second guessing my decision to use JD is that this thread clearly states people are pissed and there is not one single comment from a staff member or rep from the JD team and that shows they could care less. For me that sums up the fact that I made a piss poor call to sign up for this. Couple that with no apparent support for the largest used server solution (cPanel) I think this will be my first and last post.
So I've gone to Dropbox which installed smoothly and is working hard to upload my file.

My only complaint with DropBox is that there's nothing to show me progress. It's a big file, nearly 2GB.

If that doesn't work, maybe one of these will:


Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts