Prezi

I've gotten hooked on Prezi as a new way of doing a bunch of things. Prezi is a great tool for doing awesome presentations. It's also a great brainstorming and information organizing tool. I'll be using it for a lot.

Here is a great Prezi overview by prezihelp.com. These guys do things with Prezi that are even better than the guys who invented it.

The only trouble right now is that there is no API. It's possible to hack something up since Prezi uses XML to store its information. So by reverse engineering Prezi's HTLM I might come up with a tool that might be helpful.

Anyhow, here are my intended uses for Prezi:

  • Presentations (of course)
  • Organizing ideas. I have an idea for a blog on software development and Prezi would be a great tool for organizing my thoughts.
  • Software visualization: I think that the Prezi model might provide a great way to visualize the flow of data in software for example. Using concepts from Hans Rossling's Gapminder to make some of the attributes more visible.
More to come.

Comments

Popular Posts