If This Then That (ifttt.com)

IFTTT is designed for people (like me) who use lots of web services and communication channels (phone, blogs, email, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc) and would like something happening one one channel to cause something else to happen on another: for example when I post on Blogger, write something on Facebook.

IFTTT stands for If THIS then THAT where THIS a configurable trigger based on one of your channels and THAT is a configurable action based on the same channel, or based on a different one.

A single IFTT formula is called a task. Right now I've got two tasks set up: one uses a "TimeOfDay" channel. It's configured to call me up at 10:00 AM and tell me what time it is.

Image representing Blogger as depicted in Crun...
Image via CrunchBase

If it does that, then I'll publish this post.

The second task monitors my blogger account, looking for JoyOfInternt as a tag. When it sees the tag, it will write a new post to the same blog, based on the original. Unfortunately it only sets up a channel for one blog. What I'd like is to have my blogs cross post. But that's a detail and liable to be fixed later.

Let's see what happens. Right now it's 10:12 AM. If IFTTT reposts I'll update this post and report success.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts