Rubber Biscuit, Completely Random

Tonight while I was writing I turned on a do wop Internet radio station playing songs from the 50's and 60's. Ahh the days of my youth. I think I remember hearing Rubber Biscuit in its original form, but I might have it confused with Danny Akroyd's updated Blues Brothers' version.
The Blues Brothers
Cover of The Blues Brothers

For your listening pleasure, here's the original recording by the chips. In case you can't make out the words, here's a translation of the first stanza:
Cow cow hoo-oocow cow wanna dib-a-doochick'n hon-a-chick-a-chick hole-a-hubbahell fried chuck-a-lucka wanna jubbahi-low 'n-ay wanna dubba hubbaday down sum wanna jigga-wahdell rown ay wanna lubba hubbamull an a mound chicka lubba hubbafay down ah wanna dip-a-zip-a-dip-a
mm-mh, do that again !doo doo doo boooh

Or you might like the Blues Brothers recording. Purists will note that the Blues Brothers changed the words. But they did keep the spirit intact.

And here's Dan Akroyd singing it


Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts