Changing the Splash Screen on MINT

I've got a Linux Mint based appliance, and instead of displaying the default splash screen, I want one of my own.

The startup/splash process is owned by a component called "plymouth." The gory details are here.

This directory:
/lib/plymouth/themes
Points to mint-logo.plymouth in the themes/mint-logo directory

[Plymouth Theme]Name=Mint LogoDescription=A theme that features a blank background with a logo.ModuleName=script
[script]ImageDir=/lib/plymouth/themes/mint-logoScriptFile=/lib/plymouth/themes/mint-logo/mint-logo.script

To make a new theme, I could copy the directory, change the references, then store my own png, or I could cheat, and just change the png to what I want.

Cheating is good.

Procedure not tested. In reserve for later.

Comments

Popular Posts