My Alter Ego

I'm a good manager, except when the person I am managing is me. Then I suck.

That's partly because I'm tough for anyone to manage. And it's partly because self-management requires a bit of perspective--some distance. I too easily collapse into myself.

So in this week's experiment, I've created an alter-ego, complete with his own email address  My alter-ego's name is Wolfgang McMichael, aka Wolfie.



 me:  I'm writing about you now
 Wolfgang:  What are you saying?
 me:  I'm explaining my having this kind of conversation with myself
 Wolfgang:  Why don't you just cut and paste this conversation into your blog?
 me:  Way ahead of you :)


Having this conversation is a way of slowing down, and giving myself a little structure.

Will it work? Time will tell. But it's an interesting experiment.


Sent at 3:28 PM on Wednesday
 Wolfgang:  You've got 5 minutes left to finish this post.
 me:  I know. I'm just about done.
 Wolfgang:  OK. Wrap it up, then on to the next
 me:  Yessir!




Comments

Popular Posts