Acoustic solutions

We've got a large, open, echoey, high-ceilinged living rooms. I've looked around, from time to time, for a solution and found nothing even worth investigating.

Today, at The Maine Grind, a favorite hangout, I saw that they'd reduced the ambient noise by hanging a wooly 3D sculpture from the ceiling and that gave me a couple of ideas.

I found Acoustical Solutions, which seems to be a one stop shop for every sound solution that I've heard of--and a lot I've not heard of. One of their case studies pages led to a couple of interesting, somewhat similar situations, like this one, and this one.

The most promising solution, IMO uses "Cloud Mount Panels." I'm imagining hanging several of them, possibly at different heights, to break up the boringness of the ceiling, and breaking up the sound.

The panels could be white (as is now the ceiling) or colored, or artsy-fartsy.

And I think I can do a small test with home-made panels to get an idea of how it might work.

Comments

Popular Posts