Flash and Android

Ever since I've had my first Nexus 7 with Android 4.x I've been frustrated about the lack of Flash. Little by little the situation has improved.  At first the only way to get flash seemed to be through unverified sites that hosted the flash .apk.

Then Adobe posted a procedure, here, along with a reference to their archived APKs. I followed the procedure, and the installer told me that Flash was installed. Then, as a final step, the installer opened the Flash configuration page in my browser, Chrome, there was nothing there.

So I did the debug dance: closed all my Chrome pages. Nope. Stopped the Chrome app. Nada. Uninstalled and reinstalled the apk. Nichts. Cleared my Chrome caches and dana. No change. Rebooted the phone. Nein.

Then, last night, I found this post, with the secret:
If you’re on Jelly Bean, check that you have a stock browser installed besides Google Chrome, as Chrome for Android doesn’t support Flash. Check your app drawer for “Browser” or “Internet.”
Chrome on Android doesn't support Flash. Even if Flash is installed.

I didn't have another browser installed so I went to the Play store and got Firefox. Ten minutes later was on the Flash configuration page in Firefox.

A few minutes later I was watching a video.

Hello, Flash.

Hello, Amazon Prime videos.

Comments

Popular Posts